Thread: Finally installing but I have a question

Thanks

Default Finally installing but I have a question

Product is installed and Im about to run the install script but I just noticed something a little off. More then likely a typ o but just in case.

The Welcome screen says "Welcome to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 - vBulletin 4 Integration!"

This code is int he 3.8 version.

If it just a typo or should I upload a different script.

Also whats the best way to backup the database. The built in code sucks. I had PHP Myadmin but for some reason it no longer works on my server. Any other good options before I continue? Thanks....

Last edited by scalemotorcars; 18-11-2010 at 19:51.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scalemotorcars For This Useful Post:

asricksclesc (25-11-2012),ciojennacgalac (18-11-2012),itojessosaspos (11-12-2012),nbrregiordthor (27-11-2012)

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry about that. Yes its a typo.

When you say 'The built in code sucks', I take it you mean the vBulletin database backup.

If you have shell access to your server you could do a database backup from the terminal.

Back up From the Command Line (using mysqldump)

If you have shell or telnet access to your web server, you can backup your MySQL data by using the mysqldump command. This command connects to the MySQL server and creates an SQL dump file. The dump file contains the SQL statements necessary to re-create the database. Here is the proper syntax:

Code:
    $ mysqldump --opt -u [uname] -p[pass] [dbname] > [backupfile.sql]
    * [uname] Your database username
    * [pass] The password for your database (note there is no space between -p and the password)
    * [dbname] The name of your database
    * [backupfile.sql] The filename for your database backup
    * [--opt] The mysqldump option

For example, to backup a database named 'Tutorials' with the username 'root' and with no password to a file tut_backup.sql, you should accomplish this command:

Code:
    $ mysqldump -u root -p Tutorials > tut_backup.sql
    This command will backup the 'Tutorials' database into a file called tut_backup.sql which will contain all the SQL statements needed to re-create the database.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greystoke For This Useful Post:

asricksclesc (25-11-2012),ciojennacgalac (18-11-2012),itojessosaspos (11-12-2012),nbrregiordthor (27-11-2012)

Thanks

Cool so the PHP is fine?

And yes the VB backup stinks. I dont have access to the server itself, just FTP.

Have you head of anything else. I know theres one on VB.org that seems to do a good job.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scalemotorcars For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes the installer is fine, just a typo.

Sorry I don't know of any other way to backup the database.
    You should contact your hosting company about phpMyAdmin not working.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greystoke For This Useful Post: