Thread: Pre-sales question

Thanks

Default Pre-sales question

Hi,

- Does this install like a vB 4.x product?
    - Is the shop running on this site what it is like, including my account / Cart Content / Checkout?
    - Can the code add users to a certain group when they have ordered & paid?
    - Can I test drive (the back end) somehow?
    - Is there any support / documentation for importing shop content and / or orders? I have a proprietary code with a few hundred shop items and a few thousand customers and orders?
    - Can I install this on an active vB site, hide the shop (from regular users) until it is configured and ready?

Thanks in advance

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janaf For This Useful Post:

kescotekosek (14-08-2013),lrybuywejewe (02-10-2013),nbrregiordthor (27-11-2012),tasaraheache (26-11-2012)

Thanks

Hi,

- Does this install like a vB 4.x product?
    There is a 2 part install, an .xml for product installation and an automated script for configuring the shop.

- Is the shop running on this site what it is like, including my account / Cart Content / Checkout?
    Yes.

- Can the code add users to a certain group when they have ordered & paid?
    No, this hasn't been added to the code yet, but should be added in the next release.

- Can I test drive (the back end) somehow?
    Yes, you can do a test buy on www.satviewers.com. All purchases there will not be processed.

- Is there any support / documentation for importing shop content and / or orders? I have a proprietary code with a few hundred shop items and a few thousand customers and orders?
    Sorry there is no documentation for importing shop content and / or orders. Any support questions will be answered on the forum.

- Can I install this on an active vB site, hide the shop (from regular users) until it is configured and ready?
    Yes you can install this on an active site.
    To hide the shop button in the NavBar do this:

If you go to your Admincp 'Plugins & Products' -> Plugin Manager -> oscShop process_templates_complete.

Remove the below code at the end of that plugin, will remove the Shop Button.

PHP Code:
    $template_hook['navtab_middle'] .= '<li'.$tabselected.'><a class="navtab" href="osc_shop.php">Shop</a>'.$tablinks.'</li>'

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greystoke For This Useful Post:

kescotekosek (14-08-2013),lrybuywejewe (02-10-2013),nbrregiordthor (27-11-2012),tasaraheache (26-11-2012)

Thanks

Thanks,

Some follow-up:

Are future updates included in the price?

Whats the back-end like? As osCommerce? Integrated in vB ACP?

To get an idea could I simply testrun oscommerce(which I never used)?
    Any major differences?

Can the shop pages somehow be combined with vb widgets?

Well that's about it...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Are future updates included in the price?
    Yes, if you purchase vB Osc Shopping Cart Pro for vBulletin 4.0.x, all update are included in the price upto vBulletin next new version e.g vbulletin 5, when ever that comes out.

Whats the back-end like? As osCommerce? Integrated in vB ACP?

This is an image from our test server.

To get an idea could I simply testrun oscommerce(which I never used)?
    Any major differences?
    Yes, you can test run osCommerce http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads oscommerce-2.2rc2a.zip is there latest one. It will be just about the same, just alot of coding had to be done to get it integrated and some fixes and updates were added.

Can the shop pages somehow be combined with vb widgets?
    Not sure about this, as widgets haven't been looked into yet.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greystoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

BAck again,

I have a vb4 site and a totally independent old shop site with lots of content. I now have a oscommerce test site.

If I set things up in oscommerce, can I later import that oscommerce content and configuration into an itvault shop in a simple manner?

I'm pretty confident that I can convert/import my old shop database content into oscommerce with the help of oscommerce documentation.

Anything I need to think of to make that transition easier?

Are the itvault and oscommerce databases identical so I can simply hook up the oscommerce database or would it be easier to import directly into an itvault shop?

I guess the real question is: what is typically the smootherst way to importing an old shop to an itvault shop?

Add-ons for security, like the ones meantioned here, are they needed / included supported?:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=313323

Asking a lot because I have bought and tried several other (non-vB) shopping solutions that I ended up ditching because they did not fill my needs.
    Last edited by janaf; 27-08-2010 at 14:07.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi,

The osCommerce categories / products part of the database is the same as vB Osc Shopping Cart Pro.
    The customer part of the database has slightly changed.

So there should be no problem copying your products from the oscommerce test site to the vB Osc Shopping Cart Pro.

Some of the security addons were installed where needed.

The addons on the osCommerce site will needs some changes before installing them on vB Osc Shopping Cart Pro, e.g. changing links to files and configuring vBulletin plugins.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greystoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt replies

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janaf For This Useful Post: