Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Downloads

Thanks

Default Super Downloads

I am stuck on this one.

Can you look at the script and see what has to be edited to make this work with your version of osC.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4868

Only thing stopping us from going live.

Thanks for the good work you did on the rest of the stuff for us.

Thanks

This is just finished.

Thanks

Download test is failing....what is the path to enter for the download file?

I am wondering if the Super Downloads mod really fits our needs, because it appears like it's trying to assemble the whole packet in one download, which in our case would be huge and likely lead to server timeouts. I originally thought this mod resulted in a batch listing rather than creating large download packets. Our game packs alone might hit close to 10gb so we want to break them down into smaller packets.

I need to list roughtly 4 downloads for virtually every product.

Thanks

I just made a test download on your site and it is working fine.

Go into your account and look at this order:
    17/06/2010 #100617-523708-6266

Thanks

Here are the areas of concern I have found so far:

1. MOST IMPORTANT: I can get single downloads to show, but NOT the group downloads which is what Super Downloads is supposed to be the way I read the description. We do not put our downloads in one huge file or we would face server time out, or it would take forever to download a file and our customers would simply lose patience. Therefore, we must break them down into parts.

2. When the attributes max_downloads or time period is set to 0, it should not decrement but does.

3. When I reset the downloads via the orders.php file, it did not take. When I edited the blow block of code to hardcode the group id and numbers, it works.
    // BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
    $check_status_query2 = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
    $check_status2 = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query2);
    //if ( $check_status2['orders_status'] == DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE ) {
    if ( $check_status2['orders_status'] == 12 ) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " set download_maxdays = '999', download_count = '5' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
    }
    // EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
    I need to figure out fast how to update prior orders with appropriate downloads and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

That part of the code works fine.

You never set the Expiry delay (days) or Maximum number of downloads in the Configuration -> Download section.

You have both of these set to 0.

Thanks

I looked at your Super Downloads install again.

You had changed your checkout_process.php file again, after I fixed it the last time.
    It was missing a lot of the Super Downloads code.

All files are now back to the way they should be.

Also if you go to the last purchase in your account you can see multiple files are there for purchase.

I created test Products Attributes and a test product, you can remove these when you are finished with them.

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate it, but...question now is how can I quickly update existing orders so that all the respective download packets appear?

Sorry about the edits, I think we crossed paths. I was trying to reinstall clean files same time you were trying to edit.

Thanks

You can try doing an order update, like when you chance the order from pending to order reset.

If that doesn't work then the fields in the order tables aren't matching the correct order ids.

The easy way to see what is happening when an order is placed, is to backup the tables to do with orders and then make an order.
    Then backup the tables again and compare both of them.

You'll then see what changes you need to make to get the other cart orders to work with this cart.

Thanks

Default principle garven

I got over 2,000 orders to do that to though. WP-Cart uses only one orders table where oscCart it is split into sub and cross-reference tables which sometimes drives me nuts trying to integrate it. I have to make downloads available on all orders because once we release the new version of our software, they are going to want an upgrade. Once I get the logic into my head, I am sure it will become easier, but for now I just haven't figured it out. Confusing matters even further the WP-Cart orders table was originally integrated for phpBB3 user tables. I ended up writing a rather lengthy SQL file to copy the data in the WP-Cart to oscCart.

Isn't there a quick way to do all that en masse?

Accidently inserted visual code to title here sorry.