Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSC Affiliate Integration

Thanks

Default OSC Affiliate Integration

I am in the process of trying to integrate OSC-Affiliate 1.0 into our cart. It has the below instruction. How and where do I edit this to make it work for the vB osc integrated version?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In index.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx

array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),

and on a new line add this after it:
    array('title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,
    'image' => 'affiliate.gif',
    'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SUMMARY, 'selected_box=affiliate'),
    'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE, 'selected_box=affiliate')),
    array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'selected_box=affiliate')))),

Thanks

Hi,

The OSC-Affiliate 1.0 is for osCommerce MS1 which is a very old version of osCommerce.
    I think the latest version of OSC-Affiliate is 2.8 which is here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/158

Thanks

Nothing in that archive but affiliate_show_banner.php.

I already looked at that one. Seems like someone forgot to load the entire package.

Thanks

Go to the above link. Then Click History Tab. And the second file down is the full package.
    osCAffiliate v2.8 - including changes

Thanks

Found that right after I read your first response and thanks.

Thanks

This one is proving a nightmare. Getting path related problems. Any way you can edit the below file and make the paths work for the integrated vb Osc integrated cart?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,158

Version 2.8 with changes is the one I downloaded.

Below the error is what I am getting and can't find where the conflict is. If I attempt to edit that path it refers to I just start a domino effect with the others.

Warning: require(packages/shop/includes/configure.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jquindle/public_html/secure/vbulletin/packages/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'packages/shop/includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jquindle/public_html/secure/vbulletin/packages/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 28

Suggestion: Build a version of this affiliate packet that goes with your integrated version. So much is a royal pain in the behind to edit because of what you had to do to get osc integrated to vb, that it's difficult to figure out some of the mods. No shop is complete without an affiliate program to help them out.
    Last edited by dmm2020; 15-05-2010 at 03:49.

Thanks

I think the question I need to ask, is the filenames in affiliate_application_top.php cause the links to point to the vbulletin root. If I put the affiliate files there, I just start another domino effect with the path statements. It says files missing, but when I go to the path indicated in the error message, the files are in fact in that path.

Thanks

@Greystoke:

You know the Affiliate program you did for me will benefit others. I recommend you put that up for premium download. It looks like it's going to work, but I'll email any issues. We wont know all the issues until we go live next week with it though. The only thing is the page title and header information should come from admin configuration as like I say, it needs to be about the website and not the script.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmm2020 View Post
    @Greystoke:

The only thing is the page title and header information should come from admin configuration as like I say, it needs to be about the website and not the script.
    What do you mean.

Thanks

Actually, I commented about this with the cart...

The header "vB Osc Shopping Cart Pro" that appears on each page plus the navbit should be site specific and page specific respectively. This also appears on the affiliate pages though I edited alot of them already per your instructions in the cart thread.