Thread: Currency Update problems

Thanks

Default Currency Update problems

Hi Grey - love the package...

Just two things - firstly, when I go to update the currency manually, I get this:

Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for U.S. Dollar (USD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
    Error Error: The exchange rate for U.S. Dollar (USD) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?
    Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Euro (EUR) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
    Error Error: The exchange rate for Euro (EUR) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?
    Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for British Pounds (GBP) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
    Error Error: The exchange rate for British Pounds (GBP) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?
    Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Australian Dollar (AUS) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.
    Error Error: The exchange rate for Australian Dollar (AUS) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?
    Something I need to do to get it working?

Secondly - is it possible to have the currency tables update automatically, say - once per day via a cron job or similar?

Cheers!

- Rusti

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rusti For This Useful Post:

itojessosaspos (23-11-2012),kescotekosek (03-11-2013),lrybuywejewe (26-08-2013)

Thanks

The Currency code for Australian Dollar is wrong, it should be AUD. (This will be updated in the next release of vB Osc Shopping Cart Pro)
    Please try updating the currency after changing this.

If it still doesn't work, you will need to check to see if your server has access to connect to outside servers.
    It is possible that your provider does not allow connections to outside servers.

I will check out the auto update option for you.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greystoke For This Useful Post:

ciojennacgalac (16-12-2012),itojessosaspos (23-11-2012),kescotekosek (03-11-2013),lrybuywejewe (26-08-2013)