PDA

View Full Version : Presales questions (new)

PencilGeek
15-06-2010, 19:38
Here's some presales questions for you.

I'm not a store, however I want to offer a "vendor's store" option at my site. Would OSC allow payments to go to individual vendors -- or would they come to me, and then require me to pay the vendors? Obviously I would prefer them to go to the vendors.

If part of my vendors agreement required them to give me a small percentage (e.g. 0.25%) of all sales, would the payment options allow such splitting -- where a percent would go into my account and the remainder go into the vendor's account?

Greystoke
16-06-2010, 00:45
Hi,

All payments would have to go through you, and you would pay them.

There doesn't seem to be an osCommerce Mod to allow multi vender payments.

PencilGeek
16-06-2010, 02:24
Who maintains the seller's information? It would seem to me that two optional fields could be added to a new product: 1) "pay to" and 2) "send sales notice to" (1) is obvious. (2) instead of notifying me that a sale has occurred, send notice to the actual vendor as well. There's already a global field for (2), but if it were local on a per-item basis then it would solve the problem.

See the benefit of this? Virtual store fronts in vBulletin. Think of it as very logical way to expand this product. I realize you already call this "Pro" -- but virtual store fronts would be the next level. I'd certainly be willing to pay more for a virtual store front product.