PDA

View Full Version : Installation issues

Xceptional
15-06-2010, 06:54
Ok, so I managed to install the shop after a few tries, but have some questions and problems..

1. My domain CMS is at www.domain.com. My forum is on www.domain.com/forum/. How can I install this shop to be in www.domain.com/shop/?
2. I have a custom Flash header on my site. When I install the product it does not show the header or the dhtml advertisement block (even though both is showing in the source code), and the error in the status bar says: Object expected on line 36 - osc_shop.php. Does the script include VBulletin's headerincludes?
3. How can I allow viewing of prices and ordering for only certain usergroups?
4. How can I disable the shop tab in the menu while I populate and fix the errors? Unfortunately the site is live, and I don't want members to click on the shop when it is not ready.

Greystoke
15-06-2010, 11:34
Hi,

Sorry you are having these problems.

To disable the shop tab:
http://www.itvault.com/threads/14-How-to-loose-the-shop-button

This option will be added in the next version.

Viewing of prices and ordering for certain groups isn't in osCommerce as default, but I will look into this for you.

The custom flash header problem you have, is probably due to the shop using a custom headerincludes.
If you go to the template oscshop you can add your code there.

The www.domain.com/shop/ should be selected on the installation. I will have to verify this and let you know.

Xceptional
15-06-2010, 14:58
Thank you for your reply.

I've successfuly disabled the tab with those instructions.

Wrt to the permissions, I only need it set so that a visitor needs to register to purchase anything. This is possibly already set like this, but I haven't uploaded any products yet to check? (I want to get all the settings correct and running smoothly)

I'm sure that I can fix the header issue, only if I can find that template you describe... :p Can you please give me the path to the file that you are reffering to? I've searched high and low, can't find it..

During the first time I tried to install it, I entered the path as www.domain.com/shop/, but the tab in the navbar sent the user to www.domain.com/forum/osc_shop.php, and when I entered in the adddress bar www.domain.com/shop/, I got redirected to www.domain.com/forum/shop aswell. I wondered if I should have copied the files in the /shop/ directory for it to work, and not in the /forum/ directory?

FYI, I experienced an error with this first installation that you guys could probably look into:

I installed the sample content, so when I went to update the categories and products, I would get a message that the file "packages/shop/vbseo.php" does not exist whenever I tried to confirm an update. (I'm running VBSEO 3.5) I did find a workaround by installing it without sample content the second time, so it's not a problem for me anymore.

Xceptional
15-06-2010, 18:24
Header sorted. Found the template :)

Greystoke
16-06-2010, 02:05
Wrt to the permissions, I only need it set so that a visitor needs to register to purchase anything. This is possibly already set like this, but I haven't uploaded any products yet to check? (I want to get all the settings correct and running smoothly)

All users have to be registered before they can purchase.

During the first time I tried to install it, I entered the path as www.domain.com/shop/, but the tab in the navbar sent the user to www.domain.com/forum/osc_shop.php, and when I entered in the adddress bar www.domain.com/shop/, I got redirected to www.domain.com/forum/shop aswell. I wondered if I should have copied the files in the /shop/ directory for it to work, and not in the /forum/ directory?

You will need to create a folder called shop in root directory and move all the files that are in the root directory that begin with osc_ to the new shop folder.

Create a blank file called index.html in the new shop folder.

Then you will need to edit all the osc_ files that you moved to the new shop folder and change:

// chdir ('/path/to/your/forums');

to

chdir ('../');

Then go to your Admincp 'Plugins & Products' -> Plugin Manager -> oscShop process_templates_complete.

Change:

$template_hook['navtab_middle'] .= '<li'.$tabselected.'><a class="navtab" href="osc_shop.php">Shop</a>'.$tablinks.'</li>';

to

$template_hook['navtab_middle'] .= '<li'.$tabselected.'><a class="navtab" href="shop/osc_shop.php">Shop</a>'.$tablinks.'</li>';

Make sure the you remove the install file from the shop folder.