PDA

View Full Version : SSL implementation

dmm2020
10-04-2011, 17:23
I can't find instructions on SSL implementation.

I want to enable SSL and set links so that when customer info is taken, SSL is automatically enabled. What are the steps for that?

I have an EV-SSL seal to display in the footer, basically floats over the footer with javascript. How do I do that with oscCart?

Greystoke
11-04-2011, 01:15
Hi,

In your shop/includes/configure.php

Change:

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

To:

define('ENABLE_SSL', true);

dmm2020
11-04-2011, 04:06
Then how/where do I place the javascript for the seal that floats on the footer? I want it to show if SSL enabled, so could use the script for that. I would like to see it floated on the cart footer not the vBulletin footer.

Thanks in advance. It floats at bottom right of footer over everything else.

dmm2020
11-04-2011, 04:15
Sorry if this gets double posted, but when I went back to check, my other question was not there.

I got a SSL seal to display over the right corner of the footer, and I would prefer it display over the cart footer rather than vBulletin's footer. It uses javascript to generate the image dynamically and float it.

Where do I place the javascript and how do I wrap it so that it displays only on SSL enabled pages?

Greystoke
11-04-2011, 17:03
Hi,

If you add it to the shop/includes/footer.php, it should show up in the shop footer.

For the code to only show on SSL pages, you will need to do something like this:

<?php
if ($request_type == 'SSL') {

# Your Code here

}
?>

dmm2020
11-04-2011, 23:10
Hi,

If you add it to the shop/includes/footer.php, it should show up in the shop footer.

For the code to only show on SSL pages, you will need to do something like this:

<?php
if ($request_type == 'SSL') {

# Your Code here

}
?>

OK thanks on this, but something else,

My SSL is only for my main domain, so I have to run ssl like this:

https://dmsoft-wy.com/dmsinteractiveweb/

How do I edit the paths in the config file to account for this?

Greystoke
11-04-2011, 23:49
PM sent for more detailed info.